Struggling to pay your rent?
You may be able to receive assistance with paying your rent if you are unable to keep up with rent because you could not work or had to reduce your work hours during the coronavirus pandemic. The Adams County Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program can help eligible, low-income renters living in Adams County with past due rent and utilities as well as current rent.
You may be able to get help if:
- You or someone in your household has qualified for unemployment or you or someone in your household has experienced a reduction in work hours due to COVID-19 or the resulting public health orders; and
- You are at risk of experiencing homelessness because you cannot pay the rent; and
- You rent a home in Adams County except in the following areas:
- Your household income is at or below 80% of the area median income (see table).
# of People in Household
Maximum Income (80% AMI)
|Adams County ERA Program Requirements|
The Adams County ERA Program application can be completed and submitted here. The application works best in Google Chrome.
If you need assistance to complete the application or have questions, please contact one of the following organizations:
- Maiker Housing Partners: 303.227.2075 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brighton Housing Authority: 303.655.2160 or email@example.com
- Commerce City Housing Authority: 303.289.3708 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adams County Community Development: 720.523.6200 or CommDev@adcogov.org
How It Works
- Fill out an application through a computer, phone, or tablet.
- Upload your lease agreement and income documentation. Also, upload any demand notices or eviction summons. You can take photos of each page of the documents or scan documents.
- Submit your application.
- Your application will be reviewed to ensure your address is in the eligible area and that you have uploaded the necessary documents.
- Then applications will be forwarded to one of the local housing organizations for full review. You will be contacted by one of the following organizations: Maiker Housing Partners, Brighton Housing Authority, Commerce City Housing Authority, or COVID-19 Eviction Defense Project.
- Your landlord and/or utility company will be paid directly if your application is approved for rental assistance.
Documents to Submit:
You can submit electronic documents, scanned documents, or photographed documents. You can contact one of the housing organizations listed to schedule a time to bring in your documents. The organizations will scan the documents for you. Photographs of computer screens are not accepted.
|Identification for Applicant||Photo ID for adults living in the rental housing over the age of 18. Optional – if all people living in the house are listed on the rent agreement.|
|Proof of Income||
The following forms of documentation will be accepted to support income:
|Current Lease or Rental Agreement||
|Utility Bills - if you need assistance with utility bills.||Past due utility bills and/or invoices for:
|Past Housing Assistance||If the tenant has received or is receiving housing and utility assistance, he/she shall report it on the application and upload copies of award letters or checks received by the household.|
Landlords with tenants who are behind on rent may submit tenant’s contact information on behalf of the tenant through the Adams County ERA Program Landlord portal. Tenants will be notified and may apply for assistance.
Things to Know
- Rent payments are limited to three (3) months forward.
- The COVID pandemic must be the reason for the need for rent assistance.
- Past due rent and/or utilities can be paid if incurred after March 13, 2020.
- Total assistance provided to the household may not exceed 15 months.
The Adams County ERA Program is being supported, in whole by federal award number ERA0099, awarded to Adams County, State of Colorado, by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.