Struggling to pay your rent because of the COVID pandemic?
The federal government and Adams County can help with past due rent payments for low-income renters living in Adams County who were infected by the COVID virus or were unemployed or had to reduce work hours during the coronavirus pandemic. The COVID pandemic must be the reason for the need for rent assistance.
You may be able to get help if you meet all of the following four criteria:
- You or someone in your household has qualified for unemployment or you or someone in your household has experienced a reduction in work hours due to COVID-19 or the resulting public health orders; and
- You are at risk of experiencing eviction or homelessness because you are two or more months behind on rent; and
- You rent a home in the Adams County eligible area::
- Your household income is at or below 80% of the area median income (see table).
# of People in Household
Maximum Income (80% AMI)
|Adams County ERA Program Income Requirements|
There is a limited amount of funds. Adams County seeks to serve everyone who meets the criteria once. Therefore, applicants who have not received financial assistance through this program are being reviewed at this time.
The Adams County ERA Program application can be completed and submitted here. (The application works best in Google Chrome.)
How it works:
- Fill out an application through a computer, phone or tablet.
- Upload your lease agreement and income documentation. Also, upload any demand notices or eviction summons. You can take photos of each page of the documents or scan documents.
- Submit your application.
- Your application will be reviewed to ensure your address is in the eligible area, and that you have uploaded the necessary documents.
- Then applications will be forwarded to one of the local housing organizations for full review. You will be contacted by one of the following organizations: Maiker Housing Partners, Brighton Housing Authority, Commerce City Housing Authority, or COVID-19 Eviction Defense Project.
- Your landlord and/or utility company will be paid directly if your application is approved for rental assistance.
Documents to Submit:
Documents are required to prove your household meets the eligibility criteria. You can submit electronic documents, scanned documents, or photographed documents. All pages of a document must be submitted. The entire page must be seen in the scan/photograph and the image must be clear enough to read. You can contact one of the housing organizations listed to schedule a time to bring in your documents. The organizations will scan the documents for you. Photographs of computer screens are not accepted.
|Identification for Applicant||Photo ID for adults living in the rental housing over the age of 18. Optional – if all people living in the house are listed on the rent agreement.|
|Proof of Income||
The following forms of documentation will be accepted to support income:
|Current Lease or Rental Agreement||
|Utility Bills - if you need assistance with utility bills.||Past due utility bills and/or invoices for:
|Past Housing Assistance||If the tenant has received or is receiving housing and utility assistance, he/she shall report it on the application and upload copies of award letters or checks received by the household.|
If you need assistance to complete the application or have questions, please contact one of the following organizations:
- Maiker Housing Partners: 303.227.2075 or email@example.com
- Brighton Housing Authority: 303.655.2160 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commerce City Housing Authority: 303.289.3708 or email@example.com
- Adams County Community Development: 720-523-6200 or CommDev@adcogov.org
Things to Know
The Adams County ERA Program is being supported, in whole by federal award number ERA0099, awarded to Adams County, State of Colorado, by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Suspected criminal activity associated with an application will be reported to local and/or Federal law enforcement authorities.