|Commissioner Steve O'Dorisio|
Amidst an enormous amount of uncertainty, the Adams County Aging Adults Services Response & Recovery Team is focused on supporting Adams County Government to understand the needs of aging adults during the COVID-19 crisis and recovery, including policy and system shifts that may be needed and to provide an avenue for clear, concise information and aid in real-time.
Aging Adults Services Response & Recovery Team Membership and Roles
This Response & Recovery Team is championed by Adams County District 4 Commissioner Steve O’Dorisio who is responsible for removing barriers, ensuring resources are available, and aligning policy to improve the strategic area. The Response & Recovery Team is convened by Stephanie Knight of The Senior Hub and Rebecca Zamora of Adams County, responsible for managing the effort and supporting the core team and larger Response & Recovery Team to move the work forward. The Response & Recovery core team determines data baseline and provides support with high-level strategy. Learn more about the Aging Adults Services Response & Recovery Team.
|Rebecca Zamora, Community Safety & Well-Being, Adams County||Stephanie Knight, Executive Director, The Senior Hub|
Aging Adults Services Response & Recovery Team
A Response & Recovery Team is currently assembling around the issue of senior services from a regional perspective. Entities who are doing work related to senior services are invited to participate alongside community leaders in this collective effort so we can accomplish more together.
Aging Adults Services Response & Recovery Team Targets
- Adams County aging adults mortality rate will stay on trend in the absence of COVID-19, with the projected estimate mortality count for aging adultsages 55 and over at 2,532 for 2020.
This dashboard includes:
- Trends over time for the last three years
- Data disaggregated by race, gender, and socioeconomic status
- Forecast of the senior mortality rate for 2020 had COVID-19 not occurred
Aging Adults Services Response & Recovery Team Subcommittees
- Aging Adults Facilities Subcommittee: Will work to gain an understanding of the challenges facing Adams County seniors living in facilities throughout the COVID-19 response and recovery efforts and to brainstorm potential policy and program solutions.
- The Aging Adults Homecare and Resources Subcommittee: Will work to gain an understanding of the in-home needs of seniors and support access to resources including medical care, food, support with chores, transportation, information, and preventing feelings of isolation.
Aging Adults Services Response & Recovery Team Big Wins
Join This Effort
Participate in weekly Response & Recovery Team meetings on Wednesdays, 2 -3:30 p.m., via Zoom. Please RSVP on Constant Contact if you have not previously attended. To participate on specific subcommittees or for more information, please contact RMC2C backbone staff at 816.547.2679 or firstname.lastname@example.org.